Seven homes from Berwickshire Housing Association (mostly electric heated) and three staff homes were selected as part of the trial.
The goal was to shift 100% of heating to off-peak electricity using a heat pump. This would normally need the equivalent of 1500litres of hot water storage. Only Sunamp heat batteries are compact enough to make this practical in ordinary homes.
Initial results are showing significant savings to householders.
Latest Sunamp News
- Sunamp heading to UK Parliament for awards ceremony
- Sunamp secures £3.2m in fresh funding round
- Energy storage firm chief is trying to change the world – Herald 11th January 2015
- Fergus Ewing, MSP, Minister for Business, Energy and Tourism
- Sunamp nominated for Deals :Dealmakers awards 2015
- Investment of £1.2 million for renewable energy business Sunamp
- Sunamp CEO quoted by PV Tech on Tesla Powerwall
- Sunamp win ECCI Award
Our interview is 2min30s in!